Retention Control Points (RCP)
Above chart is effective 1 February 2014
Further Guidance --> MILPER Message 14-070, Change to RCP for Enlisted Soldiers Serving in the Regular Army or under the AGR Title 10 Programs
Further Guidance --> ALARACT Message 026-2014, Change to RCP for Enlisted Soldiers in the Regular Army or under the AGR Title 10 Programs
**Chart based on Army Directive 2014-03 (Retention Control Points)
1. Active service is defined as service on active duty.
2. Soldiers assigned to the U.S. Army Band, U.S. Army Field Band, West Point Band and Old Guard Fife and Drum Corps may serve up to RCP for their rank as stated in this policy. Soldiers in the bands who exceed the RCP for their current rank may serve until 31 January 2015.
3. Command sergeants major (CSMs) and sergeants major (SGMs) (at Headquarters, Department of the Army and Army Commands) serving in nominative positions where the CSM/SGM is rated by a general officer, member of the Senior Executive Service or equivalent; or serving as CSM at the U.S. Army Sergeants Major Academy or as Executive Officer to the Sergeant Major of the Army are authorized to serve up to 35 years total active service.
4. "Promotable" refers to Regular Army and USAR only. The ARNG Active Guard Reserve Title 10 Program has no "promotable" status. RCPs for those Soldiers are established at the "nonpromotable" grade.
5. The RCP for Soldiers classified in reporting code 09U is 9 months from the effective date of classification.